Long Island Forecast
Thursday... Partly cloudy. High of 61F. Windy. Winds from the NW at 25 to 30 mph with gusts to 40 mph.
Thursday Night... Partly cloudy. Low of 37F. Winds from the NNW at 5 to 15 mph with gusts to 30 mph.
Friday... Partly cloudy. High of 57F. Winds from the WSW at 5 to 15 mph.
Friday Night... Overcast with a chance of rain. Low of 45F. Winds from the SSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 50%.
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 3:38 am EDT on April 24, 2014
... Red flag warning remains in effect from 9 am this morning to
8 PM EDT this evening for northeast New Jersey and southeast New
* affected area... northeast New Jersey and southeast New York.
* Winds... northwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
* Relative humidity... as low as 11 percent.
* Timing... late this morning through this evening.
* Impacts... rapid fire spread possible if ignition occurs.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are expected or occurring. A combination of strong winds... low
relative humidity... and dry fuels will create critical fire
Latest Long Island Weather Stories
Wed, 23 Apr 2014 22:43:37 EDT
Tue, 22 Apr 2014 16:50:56 EDT
Mon, 21 Apr 2014 10:00:23 EDT
Sun, 20 Apr 2014 10:59:00 EDT
Sat, 19 Apr 2014 21:09:00 EDT