Long Island Forecast
Wednesday... Overcast with a chance of rain. High of 57F. Windy. Winds from the NW at 15 to 25 mph with gusts to 35 mph. Chance of rain 20%.
Wednesday Night... Partly cloudy. Low of 37F. Windy. Winds from the NW at 15 to 25 mph with gusts to 35 mph.
Thursday... Partly cloudy. High of 57F. Windy. Winds from the NW at 20 to 30 mph with gusts to 45 mph.
Thursday Night... Partly cloudy. Low of 36F. Winds from the NNW at 5 to 15 mph.
Fire Weather Watch
Statement as of 4:18 am EDT on April 23, 2014
... Fire Weather Watch remains in effect from Thursday morning
through Thursday evening for high winds and low relative humidity
for the entire tri-state region...
* affected area... the entire tri-state region.
* Winds... northwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
* Relative humidity... as low as 18 percent.
* Timing... late Thursday morning through Thursday evening.
* Impacts... rapid fire spread possible if ignition occurs.
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions
are forecast to occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible
red flag warnings.
Latest Long Island Weather Stories
Tue, 22 Apr 2014 16:50:56 EDT
Mon, 21 Apr 2014 10:00:23 EDT
Sun, 20 Apr 2014 10:59:00 EDT
Sat, 19 Apr 2014 21:09:00 EDT
Sat, 19 Apr 2014 08:45:00 EDT