Long Island Forecast
Saturday... Clear. High of 23F with a windchill as low as -6F. Windy. Winds from the NW at 20 to 25 mph with gusts to 40 mph.
Saturday Night... Clear in the evening, then partly cloudy. Low of 19F with a windchill as low as 5F. Winds from the WNW at 5 to 15 mph.
Sunday... Overcast with a chance of snow in the afternoon. High of 32F with a windchill as low as 14F. Winds from the West at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 40%.
Sunday Night... Overcast with snow. Low of 25F. Winds from the North at 5 to 20 mph shifting to the ENE after midnight. Chance of snow 90% with accumulations up to 2 in. possible.
Winter Storm Watch
Statement as of 3:50 PM EST on January 31, 2015
... Winter Storm Watch remains in effect from Sunday evening
through Monday afternoon...
* locations... the New York City and New Jersey metropolitan
areas... Long Island... and southeastern coastal Connecticut.
* Hazard types... snow... sleet... freezing rain and rain.
* Accumulations... snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches... with a
tenth to a quarter inch of ice across northern portions of the
New York City and New Jersey metropolitan areas and northwestern
Long Island. Snow accumulation of 3 to 6 inches and a few
hundredths of an inch of ice across southern portions of the New
York City and New Jersey metropolitan areas and southeastern
portions of Long Island and coastal Connecticut.
* Winds... northeast 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
* Temperatures... in the upper 20s to lower 30s.
* Visibilities... one quarter mile or less at times.
* Timing... late Sunday night through Monday.
* Impacts... hazardous travel due to reduced visibilities and
significant snow... sleet and ice accumulations.
A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant
snow... sleet... or ice accumulations that may impact travel.
Continue to monitor the latest forecasts.