Long Island Forecast
Tuesday... Overcast with snow. High of 30F with a windchill as low as 7F. Windy. Winds from the NNW at 20 to 25 mph with gusts to 40 mph. Chance of snow 100% with accumulations up to 3 in. possible.
Tuesday Night... Overcast with snow in the evening, then partly cloudy. Low of 19F with a windchill as low as 9F. Breezy. Winds from the NNW at 10 to 20 mph with gusts to 30 mph. Chance of snow 60% with accumulations up to 2 in. possible.
Wednesday... Partly cloudy in the morning, then clear. High of 30F with a windchill as low as 12F. Breezy. Winds from the NW at 10 to 20 mph.
Wednesday Night... Clear. Low of 12F with a windchill as low as 3F. Winds from the NNW at 5 to 15 mph.
Statement as of 1:55 am EST on January 27, 2015
... Blizzard Warning remains in effect until midnight EST
* locations... New York City... and southern Westchester County in
southeast New York.
* Hazard types... heavy snow and blowing snow... with blizzard
* Accumulations... snow accumulation of 14 to 20 inches.
* Snowfall rates... up to 2 inches per hour into this morning.
* Winds... north 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 45 mph.
* Visibilities... one quarter mile or less at times.
* Temperatures... in the lower 20s.
* Timing... heaviest snow and strongest winds into this morning.
* Impacts... life-threatening conditions and extremely dangerous
travel due to heavy snowfall and strong winds... with whiteout
conditions. Many roads may become impassable. Strong winds may
down power lines and tree limbs.
A Blizzard Warning means severe winter weather conditions are
expected or occurring. Falling and blowing snow with strong winds
and poor visibilities will lead to whiteout conditions... making
travel extremely dangerous. Do not travel. If you must travel...
have a winter survival kit with you. If you get stranded... stay
with your vehicle.
Latest Long Island Weather Stories
Tue, 27 Jan 2015 04:24:21 EST
Tue, 27 Jan 2015 04:19:00 EST
Tue, 27 Jan 2015 03:09:00 EST
Tue, 27 Jan 2015 00:04:00 EST
Mon, 26 Jan 2015 22:37:00 EST