Long Island Forecast
Saturday... Clear. High of 27F with a windchill as low as -6F. Windy. Winds from the NW at 20 to 25 mph with gusts to 40 mph.
Saturday Night... Partly cloudy. Low of 21F with a windchill as low as 9F. Winds from the WNW at 5 to 15 mph.
Sunday... Mostly cloudy in the morning, then overcast with a chance of snow. High of 36F with a windchill as low as 16F. Winds from the West at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 50%.
Sunday Night... Overcast with snow. Low of 25F. Winds from the NE at 5 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 90% with accumulations up to 2 in. possible.
Winter Storm Watch
Statement as of 9:49 am EST on January 31, 2015
... Winter Storm Watch remains in effect from Sunday evening
through Monday afternoon...
* locations... metropolitan northeast New Jersey... New York City
and Long Island.
* Hazard types... snow... with a period of freezing rain and sleet.
* Accumulations... snow and sleet accumulation of 5 to 10
inches... along with less than a tenth of an inch of ice.
* Winds... northeast 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
* Temperatures... in the mid 20s to the mid 30s.
* Visibilities... one quarter to one half mile at times.
* Timing... Sunday night and Monday.
* Impacts... hazardous travel due to reduced visibilities and
significant snow... sleet and ice accumulations.
A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant
snow... sleet... or ice accumulations that may impact travel.
Continue to monitor the latest forecasts.
Latest Long Island Weather Stories
Sat, 31 Jan 2015 09:38:00 EST
Fri, 30 Jan 2015 20:59:27 EST
Thu, 29 Jan 2015 21:29:00 EST
Thu, 29 Jan 2015 16:08:00 EST
Thu, 29 Jan 2015 00:00:30 EST