Long Island Forecast
Wednesday... Clear. High of 54F. Breezy. Winds from the NNW at 10 to 20 mph.
Wednesday Night... Clear. Low of 34F. Winds from the NE at 10 to 15 mph.
Thursday... Clear in the morning, then partly cloudy. High of 50F. Winds from the ENE at 10 to 15 mph.
Thursday Night... Partly cloudy. Low of 37F. Winds from the ENE at 5 to 10 mph.
Statement as of 10:15 am EDT on April 16, 2014
... Freeze watch in effect from late tonight through Thursday
The National Weather Service in New York has issued a freeze
watch... which is in effect from late tonight through Thursday
* Locations... New York City... Long Island... northeast New
Jersey... Rockland and Westchester counties... and coastal
* Hazards... freezing temperatures.
* Temperatures... in the upper 20s to around freezing.
* Timing... late tonight into the first half of Thursday morning.
* Impacts... sensitive plants may be damaged or killed.
A freeze watch means below freezing temperatures are possible.
These conditions could kill crops and other sensitive vegetation.
Latest Long Island Weather Stories
Wed, 16 Apr 2014 10:57:00 EDT
Tue, 15 Apr 2014 18:43:00 EDT
Mon, 14 Apr 2014 17:31:00 EDT
Sun, 13 Apr 2014 09:39:00 EDT
Sat, 12 Apr 2014 19:48:00 EDT