Long Island Forecast
Tuesday... Overcast with snow. High of 30F with a windchill as low as 7F. Windy. Winds from the NNW at 20 to 25 mph with gusts to 35 mph. Chance of snow 100% with accumulations up to 1 in. possible.
Tuesday Night... Overcast with a chance of snow in the evening, then partly cloudy. Low of 16F with a windchill as low as 7F. Breezy. Winds from the NNW at 15 to 20 mph with gusts to 30 mph. Chance of snow 40% with accumulations up to 1 in. possible.
Wednesday... Partly cloudy. High of 32F with a windchill as low as 12F. Breezy. Winds from the NNW at 15 to 20 mph with gusts to 30 mph.
Wednesday Night... Clear. Low of 16F. Winds less than 5 mph.
Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 12:13 PM EST on January 27, 2015
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 6 PM EST this
* locations... northeast New Jersey... the lower Hudson Valley...
New York City... and Nassau County.
* Hazard types... periods of snow and blowing snow.
* Accumulations... additional snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches.
* Winds... northwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
* Temperatures... in the lower 20s.
* Timing... this afternoon.
* Impacts... hazardous travel continues.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow will cause
travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads and limited
visibilities... and use caution while driving.
Latest Long Island Weather Stories
Tue, 27 Jan 2015 12:57:07 EST
Tue, 27 Jan 2015 11:32:00 EST
Tue, 27 Jan 2015 10:47:00 EST
Tue, 27 Jan 2015 07:10:00 EST
Tue, 27 Jan 2015 05:32:00 EST