Long Island Forecast
Thursday... Cloudy with snow. High near 25F. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 80%. About one inch of snow expected.
Thursday Night... Snow showers this evening. Becoming partly cloudy later. Low 11F. Winds NNW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 80%.
Friday... Mainly sunny. High 29F. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph.
Friday Night... A few clouds. Low near 15F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph.
Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 3:40 PM EST on March 5, 2015
... Winter Weather Advisory in effect until 7 PM EST this
... Winter Storm Warning is cancelled...
The National Weather Service in New York has issued a Winter Weather
Advisory for Metro New Jersey... New York City... Long Island and
southeast coastal Connecticut... which is in effect until 7 PM EST
this evening. The Winter Storm Warning has been cancelled.
* Locations... Metro New Jersey... New York City... Long Island and
southeast coastal Connecticut
* hazard types... snow.
* Accumulations... up to an additional inch possible through 7 PM.
Storm total accumulations mainly from 4 to 8 inches.
* Timing... snow will end from west to east by 7 PM.
* Visibilities... reduced to 1/2 mile in a few periods of moderate
* Temperatures... 20 to 25 degrees until 7 PM.
* Impacts... hazardous travel conditions due to falling snow...
temperatures and Road icing... reduced visibilities and
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow... sleet... or
freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while
Latest Long Island Weather Stories
Thu, 5 Mar 2015 16:37:20 EST
Thu, 5 Mar 2015 15:04:00 EST
Wed, 4 Mar 2015 23:54:00 EST
Wed, 4 Mar 2015 00:31:00 EST
Tue, 3 Mar 2015 12:32:00 EST