Long Island Forecast
Sunday... Overcast with a chance of snow, then snow in the afternoon. High of 34F. Winds less than 5 mph. Chance of snow 90%.
Sunday Night... Overcast with ice pellets and snow in the evening, then partly cloudy with ice pellets and a chance of snow. Low of 27F. Winds less than 5 mph. Chance of precipitation 90% with accumulations up to 4 in. possible.
Monday... Partly cloudy. High of 37F with a windchill as low as 23F. Breezy. Winds from the WNW at 15 to 20 mph.
Monday Night... Partly cloudy in the evening, then clear. Low of 18F. Winds from the NW at 5 to 15 mph.
Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 3:34 PM EST on March 1, 2015
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 7 am EST
* locations... the greater New York City metropolitan area.
* Hazard types... snow and ice.
* Accumulations... snow accumulation of 4 to 6 inches. Ice
accumulation from a glaze to a tenth of an inch of ice.
* Visibilities... one quarter to one half mile at times.
* Temperatures... in the upper 20s.
* Timing... snow will be moderate to locally heavy at times late
this afternoon... and should mix with sleet at times late this
afternoon. Precipitation should mix with or change to sleet and
freezing rain this evening especially from New York City
south... before ending after midnight tonight.
* Impacts... snow and ice will cause travel difficulties especially
on untreated surfaces.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow... sleet... or
freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while
Latest Long Island Weather Stories
Sun, 1 Mar 2015 17:57:00 EST
Sat, 28 Feb 2015 20:25:00 EST
Fri, 27 Feb 2015 22:28:04 EST
Fri, 27 Feb 2015 13:11:00 EST
Thu, 26 Feb 2015 09:44:00 EST