Long Island Forecast
Monday... Overcast with rain in the morning, then mostly cloudy. High of 64F. Windy. Winds from the South at 20 to 30 mph with gusts to 50 mph. Chance of rain 70%.
Monday Night... Partly cloudy with a chance of rain. Low of 46F. Windy. Winds from the SSW at 15 to 25 mph with gusts to 40 mph. Chance of rain 20%.
Tuesday... Partly cloudy. High of 52F. Winds from the West at 10 to 15 mph.
Tuesday Night... Mostly cloudy with a chance of rain after midnight. Low of 36F. Winds from the WNW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%.
Coastal Flood Statement
Statement as of 12:30 am EST on November 24, 2014
* locations... low lying shorelines of southern
Brooklyn... Queens... and Nassau counties.
* Tidal departures... 1 to 1 1/2 ft above astronomical tides.
* Timing... during times of high tide between 8 and 9 am Monday
* Impacts... localized minor flooding of the most vulnerable shore
roads and adjacent properties due to height of storm tide or
wave splashover. There is no significant threat to life and any
impact on property is minimal.
Statement as of 11:03 PM EST on November 23, 2014
... Wind Advisory remains in effect from 4 am to 11 am EST
* locations... Brooklyn... Queens... Nassau counties.
* Hazards... strong winds.
* Winds... south 20 to 25 mph with gusts up to 50 mph.
* Timing... Monday morning.
* Impacts... winds will be capable of bringing down limbs...
vulnerable trees and power lines. Driving may be difficult for
high profile vehicles.
A Wind Advisory is issued when sustained winds of 31 to 39 mph...
or gusts of 46 to 57 mph... are expected or occurring. Winds this
strong can make driving difficult... especially for high profile
vehicles. Use extra caution.
Latest Long Island Weather Stories
Tue, 17 Sep 2013 07:18:00 EDT
Sun, 15 Sep 2013 09:18:00 EDT
Fri, 13 Sep 2013 09:49:00 EDT
Thu, 12 Sep 2013 23:12:25 EDT
Wed, 11 Sep 2013 21:21:13 EDT