Long Island Forecast
Thursday... Partly cloudy. High of 61F. Windy. Winds from the NW at 20 to 30 mph with gusts to 40 mph.
Thursday Night... Partly cloudy. Low of 37F. Winds from the NNW at 5 to 15 mph.
Friday... Partly cloudy. High of 59F. Winds from the NE at 5 to 15 mph shifting to the South in the afternoon.
Friday Night... Overcast with a chance of rain, then rain showers after midnight. Low of 45F. Winds from the SSE at 10 to 15 mph shifting to the East after midnight. Chance of rain 70% with rainfall amounts near 0.5 in. possible.
Statement as of 2:09 PM EDT on April 24, 2014
... Frost advisory in effect from 3 am to 9 am EDT Friday...
The National Weather Service in New York has issued a frost
advisory... which is in effect from 3 am to 9 am EDT Friday.
* Locations... western Suffolk County on Long Island.
* Hazards... near freezing temperatures.
* Temperatures... in the mid 30s.
* Timing... late tonight into early Friday morning.
* Impacts... sensitive outdoor plants may be damaged or killed.
A frost advisory means that frost is possible. Sensitive outdoor
plants may be killed if left uncovered.
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 2:23 PM EDT on April 24, 2014
... Red flag warning now in effect until 10 PM EDT this evening
for southern Connecticut...
* affected area... southern Connecticut.
* Winds... northwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40
mph... diminishing this evening.
* Relative humidity... as low as 11 percent.
* Timing... into this evening.
* Impacts... rapid fire spread possible if ignition occurs.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are expected or occurring. A combination of strong winds... low
relative humidity... and dry fuels will create explosive fire
Latest Long Island Weather Stories
Tue, 17 Sep 2013 07:18:00 EDT
Sun, 15 Sep 2013 09:18:00 EDT
Fri, 13 Sep 2013 09:49:00 EDT
Thu, 12 Sep 2013 23:12:25 EDT
Wed, 11 Sep 2013 21:21:13 EDT