Long Island Forecast
Thursday... Partly cloudy. High of 61F. Windy. Winds from the NW at 20 to 25 mph with gusts to 40 mph.
Thursday Night... Partly cloudy. Low of 41F. Winds from the NNW at 5 to 20 mph with gusts to 30 mph.
Friday... Partly cloudy in the morning, then overcast. High of 57F. Winds from the ENE at 5 to 15 mph shifting to the SSE in the afternoon.
Friday Night... Overcast with a chance of rain. Low of 46F. Winds from the SW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%.
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 3:38 am EDT on April 24, 2014
... Red flag warning remains in effect from 9 am this morning to
8 PM EDT this evening for northeast New Jersey and southeast New
* affected area... northeast New Jersey and southeast New York.
* Winds... northwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
* Relative humidity... as low as 11 percent.
* Timing... late this morning through this evening.
* Impacts... rapid fire spread possible if ignition occurs.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are expected or occurring. A combination of strong winds... low
relative humidity... and dry fuels will create critical fire
Latest Long Island Weather Stories
Tue, 17 Sep 2013 07:18:00 EDT
Sun, 15 Sep 2013 09:18:00 EDT
Fri, 13 Sep 2013 09:49:00 EDT
Thu, 12 Sep 2013 23:12:25 EDT
Wed, 11 Sep 2013 21:21:13 EDT