Long Island Forecast
Thursday... Snow likely. High near 25F. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 80%. Snow accumulating 1 to 3 inches.
Thursday Night... Light snow this evening with clearing late. Low 8F. Winds NNW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 60%.
Friday... Mainly sunny. High 26F. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph.
Friday Night... A few clouds. Low 11F. Winds light and variable.
Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 1:13 PM EST on March 5, 2015
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 7 PM EST this
* locations... interior portions of northeast New Jersey...
Rockland and Westchester counties in New York... and southern
* Hazard types... snow.
* Accumulations... snow accumulation of 4 to 6 inches with isolated
higher amounts across portions of northeast NJ and southeast NY
and 1 to 4 inches across interior southern Connecticut.
* Timing... snow... moderate to heavy at times until 4 PM... before
tapering off later this afternoon.
* Visibilities... one quarter to one half mile at times.
* Temperatures... in the lower 20s.
* Impacts... hazardous travel conditions due to falling
temperatures and Road icing... reduced visibilities and
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow... sleet... or
freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while
Latest Long Island Weather Stories
Tue, 17 Sep 2013 07:18:00 EDT
Sun, 15 Sep 2013 09:18:00 EDT
Fri, 13 Sep 2013 09:49:00 EDT
Thu, 12 Sep 2013 23:12:25 EDT
Wed, 11 Sep 2013 21:21:13 EDT