Long Island Forecast
Wednesday... Clear in the morning, then partly cloudy. High of 48F. Breezy. Winds from the NNW at 15 to 25 mph with gusts to 30 mph.
Wednesday Night... Clear. Low of 32F. Winds from the NE at 10 to 15 mph.
Thursday... Partly cloudy. High of 48F. Breezy. Winds from the ENE at 15 to 20 mph shifting to the North in the afternoon.
Thursday Night... Partly cloudy. Low of 36F. Winds from the ENE at 5 to 15 mph.
Statement as of 3:56 PM EDT on April 16, 2014
... Freeze warning remains in effect from 2 am to 10 am EDT
* locations... Suffolk County... portions of northeast New
Jersey... Rockland and Westchester counties... and coastal
* Hazards... freezing temperatures.
* Temperatures... in the lower 30s.
* Timing... late tonight into the first half of Thursday morning.
* Impacts... sensitive plants may be damaged or killed.
A freeze warning means below freezing temperatures are imminent
or highly likely. These conditions will kill crops and other
Latest Long Island Weather Stories
Wed, 16 Apr 2014 16:01:00 EDT
Tue, 15 Apr 2014 18:43:00 EDT
Mon, 14 Apr 2014 17:31:00 EDT
Sun, 13 Apr 2014 09:39:00 EDT
Sat, 12 Apr 2014 19:48:00 EDT